What does a girl do when she’s stuck at home with a chocolate craving and none of the sweet stuff in sight? Make it herself of course!
- 3/4 cup quality organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic cacao powder
- 3/4 cup of equal parts mix of organic honey and organic molasses
- 1/2 tsp of of organic vanilla beans
- A pinch of organic sea salt
- Optional: organic salt flakes (and even chilli for those who like to spice it up) to sprinkle on the top
Melt the coconut oil over medium heat, then add in the rest of the ingredients. Don’t let it boil and make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly melted together.
Line a narrow rectangular pan or baking dish with parchment paper, pour in the chocolate and refrigerate until hardened. And hands off you naughty girl, don’t touch until it’s set! It’s advised to keep your chocolate in the fridge or for those of you who like your snacks extra cold, the freezer, as coconut oil tends to melt in warmer weather. Now, do your best to share.
This recipe is inspired by this one from Butter Believer.